The Quaker Universalist Group welcomes people from both inside and outside the Religious Society of Friends, of any religion or none
- to explore the underlying universalist thinking of Quakers and its relevance to modern society
- to create, through deep spiritual exploration, a new philosophy for the contemporary world, drawing on the wisdom of other religions and cultural backgrounds
- to seek an uncluttered way of worship that is tolerant, healing and holistic, and calls for everyday living with integrity
To join now or renew your membership:
If you become a member you will:
- support an exciting development within Quakerism in our increasingly globalised but fragmented world
- As a member you receive two free issues of our journal Universalist each year plus a free copy of the QUG pamphlet which contains the written papers/articles from the conference.
- receive the e-newsletter
As a new member you will receive two free QUG pamphlets of your own choice.
- you do not have to be a Quaker or to have a defined faith to join QUG
- you do not have to be a Quaker or a member of QUG to join in our activities (including coming to our conferences), purchase the Universalist or receive our newsletter.
APPLICATION / RENEWAL
To join QUG for the first time please complete the membership form here (pdf) (docx) and pay your subscription. We will send you all the literature for the calendar year in which you join if it is available. Also, to welcome you to QUG, new members will receive two free pamphlets of their choice.
To renew your subscription for this year please pay it on the anniversary of when you last paid. Please make it clear who is paying when you pay. You only need to use the membership/renewal form if you are making changes to your membership.
As a member you receive two free issues of our journal Universalist each year plus a free copy of the QUG pamphlet which contains the written papers/articles from the conference.
While most members choose to receive these publications as hard copies, the option is available to receive them in e-form, at a reduced membership rate (see below). Please note that if you are receiving a paper copy of Universalist you may request to receive it in e-form as well, at no extra cost.
If you include an email address on the application/renewal form we will put you on our e-list to receive additional e-newsletters and information unless you request otherwise.
Annual Subscription rates for 2023
|with e-mail copy||with paper copy|
|Extra paper copy of publications||n/a||£12|
If you live outside the UK please consult the membership secretary for rates.
New members will receive two free pamphlets of their choice.
We encourage members to take out a Standing Order because this is helpful in reducing the work for your volunteer committee. You can also pay directly into our bank account by Giro or electronic transfer. If you do this, please notify the Treasurer of the date and amount so that he can identify your payment.
There are four ways of paying:
- By standing order. We encourage members to take out a standing order because this is helpful in reducing the work for your volunteer committee. Here is the standing order form: (pdf) (docx)
- Directly into our bank account by Giro or electronic transfer. Please make sure the Treasurer can identify your payment. Our bank details are: TSB. The Quaker Universalist Group. Sort Code 30-97-35, Account No 00016421.
- By a cheque made out to ‘QUG’ sent to the treasurer.
- By PayPal –please email email@example.com for details