The Quaker Universalist Group organises one major event a year namely the annual conference.
This page may include events from other related organisations. If you have an event you would like to be publicised through QUG please let use know via the email address email@example.com .
Fri07May2021Sat15May2021On-line using Zoom
QUG 2021 Annual Conference - 'Life, Time and Eternity'
The 2021 QUG annual conference is the postponed 2020 conference ‘LIFE, TIME AND ETERNITY’
It will take place online between Friday May 7th to Saturday May 15th 2021.
We have six speakers. They are:
- Philip Young – from a Christian perspective
- Sharada Sugirtharajah – form a Hindu perspective
- Murray Corke – from a Buddhist perspective
- Shaykh Arif – from a Muslim perspective
- Julian Barbour – from a scientific perspective
- Peter Varney – from an anthropological perspective
Rather than cramming the conference into one weekend we are spreading it over two weekends and the Wednesday in between. We are avoiding Sundays so that people can attend their usual Sunday meetings if they wish to.
The dates are:
- Friday 7th May – 1900 – Session 1
- Saturday 8th May – 1030 – Session 2
- Saturday 8th May – 1430 – Session 3
- Wednesday 12th May – 1900 – Session 4
- Friday 14th May – 1900 – Session 5
- Saturday 15th May – 1030 – Session 6
- Saturday 15th May – 1430 – Session 7
Each session will be about 1¾ hours long and will involve a talk, small group discussion in breakout rooms, and a plenary. Participants of course can choose which sessions to attend. Session 7 will be a plenary to try to summarise the whole conference.
Further details and on-line registration form can be found here