THE QUAKER UNIVERSALIST GROUP AIMS TO:
• provide a forum where we can explore and learn more about our own and other people’s spiritual awareness, with openness, tolerance and compassion, and without censure
• uphold and encourage one another in our Universalist approach to the spiritual life, including supporting those Quakers who may feel isolated in their Meetings because of their views on spiritual matters
• encourage Quakers in their understanding of the wide range of beliefs and views in the world concerning spiritual awareness and spiritual practices
• be a resource to the Society of Friends in exploring and debating the different and sometimes contentious views about spiritual matters that exist within it
• reach out to the many seekers beyond the Society of Friends and join with other Universalists around the world so that together we may deepen our spiritual practice, in whatever form that takes.
TO CARRY OUT OUR AIMS WE:
• hold an annual conference
• publish a journal, Universalist, three times a year
• publish books and pamphlets
• publish an e-newsletter
• encourage and support local Universalist groups
• advertise within the larger Quaker community so that those of a like approach know that we can offer support
• liaise with other groups with similar aims
• manage an electronic forum to share insights and invite debate.